WE MASH UP DE ROAD!


WHOOOY!!!!!! Or should I say the road mash we up! LOL. Man, what a time!

I know all of your newsfeeds have been littered with carnival pictures and stories. As promised from last week's blog here is...


MY JUNKANOO CARNIVAL EXPERIENCE
BY TIMELINE 


5:30 a.m.
Yes, 5:30 a.m.!! I woke up not only because my body is used to waking up that time but also I  woke up in anxious anticipation for road fever.  I messaged Tiffany, because I just knew she would be up. We go back and forth about the costumes and logistics of getting to the site.

7:00 A.M.
Showered, fed and packing my bag to head to Tiffany's house to get dressed.

7:30 A.M.
Arrived at Tiffany's house and ensued in lots of girlie things. Makeup, hair, accessorizing and of course girl talk. 

We didn't have our head pieces just yet and so I arrived to Tiffany's house with my hair fixed a certain way to suit the particular head piece we were shown by picture. Come to find out our head pieces became something else and hair had to be re-done! Arghhhh

9:00 A.M. 
Met up with our other junkanoo carnival going friends for pre-road fever pics and shots. Wait did I say shots? I guess I did. **shrugs shoulders** #JudgeYaMa


THE CALM BEFORE DA STORM


NO CLUE WHAT WE WERE SAYING TO EACH OTHER BUT I'M SURE IT WAS NOTHING APPROPRIATE! LOL

PRACTICING, BECAUSE WE LIKE SHENANIGANS! LOL

                 


I READY, LET'S GO!


DAMN! All of that and we haven't even started yet! LOL

10:00 A.M - 10:30 A.M.
We picked up our drawstring backpacks that contained our mug that we would need for dranks for the day. The bag came in handy for keeping my little knick knacks safe like my phone, lipstick, keys, etc. We were then dropped off to the sports centre only just to BEGIN our day for real for real.

We hydrated with water, lots of water because it was hella HOT and mainly because the bar on wheels wasn't open yet. **side eye**

I don't believe I shared which Junkanoo Carnival group my friends and I participated in, did I?  It was Enigma Bahamas! Shout outs to ya!


WAITING FOR THE MARCH TO START, BUT FIRST LET ME TAKE A SELFIE


12:00 P.M. and BEYOND!!!
On de road....more on de road...and on de road some more. 

I'll let the pictures do the talking...


THE BEGINNING

DA CROWD

MIDWAY THROUGH, LIPSTICK GONE AND HOT, BUT TIFF STILL LOOKS GREAT!

DANCING

NO LAW FOR US!
BECAUSE EVERYONE NEEDS TO A BOOTY SHOT, JUST TO SEE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE


Two things I would change during the entire day was, ONE, the route was too long.  At a certain point I marched off the road because I was done! PAHTEE DONE and that was about 9:00pm! Sorry, no evening pictures here because at that point my phone had died. (Remember to pack a backup battery for next time). SECOND, too much stopping to judge. I know the groups have to be judged but it took away from the vibe because it wasn't free flowing. 

I enjoyed the coming together by all my fellow Bahamian people AND non-Bahamian people. There was nothing but love on da streets and really that's what it's all about! 

To the spectators and onlookers out there that may have felt some type of way about Junkanoo Carnival or didn't fully support the event, I hope to see you out there next year rather than be on the sidelines!

Signed, 
#I'sAJunkanooCarnivalist 
Candilaria

No comments: