Well, it's been a hot minute. Since I last wrote, life got busy. My days are now consumed with supervising Channing as she completes homework or heaven forbid a project, helping a new colleague adjust to her new job, going to the gym...(yes I exercise now Jhemi Wellness has a special, $45.00 a month for teachers). I have been preparing for sight word tests, forgetting swim caps, waiting for Chases's teeth to arrive (he is two years old with six teeth..go figure...they will show up when they show up), hanging out with Eric at Festivals, watching pumpkins being carved and keeping my eyebrows as shaped as I can until I can get them threaded again.
Despite all of that, all that we call motherhood and marriage, the good and the bad...I am officially back at a place to start writing again. It is only fitting that I begin where I left off because...It is still okay.
1. It's okay to add a few clip in hair extensions because your hair needs to be
permed and you don't want to comb through your new growth.
2. It's okay to brush your teeth at 1:15pm when you are on vacation.
3. It's okay to celebrate your child's birthday a day late because you want to
hang out with your best friend, baby daddy at the Wine Tasting.
4. It's okay to skip Grey's Anatomy because you are sooooo over it and Scandal
is off the chain!
5. It's okay to miss your mom!
6. It's okay to hate doing chores you once enjoyed before you had children.
I need a gardener on staff!
7. It's okay to get excited about picking your daughter up from school to only
wish two hours later that she would go back to school and stop talking your
8. It's okay to celebrate every time your menstrual cycle arrives!
9. It's okay to exercise then have a drink.
10. It's okay if you are not allowed to bake treats for child's class.
|A friend sent this to me.... she knows I share the same baking skills with this mother who was only trying to be a good mother! JOKES!|