Yay 40!

courtesy of takimag.com




"We don't understand life any better at forty than at twenty, but we know it and admit it." Jules Renard






For all of my Anglican Church Members out there, today in our bulletin there was an Independence Message from Bishop Boyd. He wrote,
'This month The Bahamas celebrates her 40th Anniversary of Independence. It is a milestone and a coming of age. For human beings 40 is the age of adult maturity, although it does not mean that the person stops growing and maturing; the process continues throughout the whole of life. We can say The Bahamas has reached one stage of her maturity , but has much more growing and maturity to do; it is a process for the rest of time.'

The Bahamas has reached one stage of her maturity, but has much more growing and maturity to do... 

This applies to Tiffany too!

I turned forty in January. I am proud to be forty. I am honored to tell my age. It is an accomplishment, but as Bishop Boyd wrote, there is much more growing to do!

But today, let me share what I know to be true for me at forty.




What I Know To Be True At 40!

1. My eyes will soon need some assistance.
2. 'Give us this day our daily bread', is true. God gives me what I need for each 
    day and not anything I need for tomorrow. 
3. Dark circles under eyes are real!
4. You should have children when you are young. They require energy.
5. You should have children when you are older. You need courage to parent
    and wisdom to sacrifice for your children.
6. If I want to go out on a Friday night I need to hydrate so I am not
    exhausted the entire next day.
7. Once you break a twenty, fifty or hundred dollar bill...consider that money 
    spent.
8. We train people how to treat us!
9. There are good guys out there to be your best friend, father to your children
    and your husband.
10. My mother was right, "Don't get married before you are 30 years of age or
     atleast 28."
11. I didn't begin to know who I was until I was in my thirties.
12. My failed relationships prepared me for my one successful relationship.
13. BREASTS do not defy gravity!
14. Children interrupt marriage. That's why God made them cute.

15. My  mother was right, "There is a consequence for every choice!"
16. People do what they can get away with.
17. The career choice I made in my teens does not suit the woman I am at
     forty.
18. My circle of friends is small and that is okay.
19. If you take care of your hair it will grow.
20. I can only be who I am!

And so, as The Bahamas, I have 'much more growing and maturity to do; it is a process for the rest of time.'

My son is teething gotta go...

Until I blog again,
Tiffany




No comments: