WATCH YOUR MOUTH!

Over a year ago, March 4, 2014 to be exact, I read what was quite possible the single most transformative and life-changing blogs I have ever read.



Candilaria “Candi” Thompson was blogging about her experience with the Whole30 nutrition program through G-Fit’s The ONE Challenge, Candi adeptly explained the good, the bad and the ugly, she took the reader on a journey and for this reader in particular it sparked something in me that I will never forget.  Truth be told it was the simplicity and the beauty of the picture of the breakfast that she included in the post. 

That picture painted a thousand words, that picture (pictured left) was an affirmative call to action for me and coupled with Candi’s words, I began the journey of a lifetime.  When we write we never fully know the impact that our writing has on our readers, and the power of our words and our images.  One year later I have a very proud testimony that Candi’s seemingly routine act of posting to MWMs blog created a ripple effect that started an entire movement.  I have not only successfully completed four (4) Whole30s and lost 43 pounds that I desperately needed to lose, along with 4 dress sizes and countless inches, the most amazing things that have happened truly cannot be quantified. 

This is me!


 Me again!



Candi graciously acted as a guide during my first Whole30 and upon completion I assisted a few friends in completing their respective Whole30s.  That experience mushroomed to my having started a group for persons needing guidance and support while doing the Whole30.  Then the term ‘coach’ popped up and as the days and weeks and months wore on I became enamored with providing support, guidance and resources to others and by September of 2014 I was enrolled in a year-long Health Coaching Certification program.

In December of 2014 I connected with the co-creator of the original Whole30 nutrition program, Melissa Hartwig and subsequently hosted an immensely successful Whole30 101 Seminar in partnership with the College of The Bahamas and G-Fit Performance.  At the Seminar my health coaching company, Watch Your Mouth was launched and I publicly acknowledged Candi’s influence as a catalyst in my life. 



There are many great things on the horizon for Watch Your Mouth and I am grateful for the advice, guidance and support that I continue to receive from Candilaria Thompson and I take this opportunity to salute her and to encourage her to always be her authentic self and to know that she is a difference maker, how do I know?  She made a very significant difference in my life and I am now awakened to a new purpose and passion and I couldn’t be more grateful.  

A quote that I have always loved is now appropriately nestled in this piece of writing, the great theologian, Howard Thurman states, 

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”  

Sandena Olivia Neely nee Mortimer did just that, she did not ask the world what it needed, she instead asked ‘what makes me come alive’ and she went and did that!


Sandena Neely
CEO & Founder
Watch Your Mouth
Change Your Life…One Bite At A Time!




No comments: