OK, so I've already admitted that this is incredibly difficult even now into my 5th week. However, I simply cannot deny the way I feel. For one, I don't bloat! For us women, we know how it feels to be constantly bloated, right?! The non-bloating feeling has to be the greatest feeling ever and it's all due to the eating.
The challenge forced me to stop eating grains, sugars, dairy, and legumes, all of which have obviously contributed to my swollen self in the past.
While some of you have expressed interest in doing the challenge, others have simply inquired about wanting to prepare healthier meals based on the challenge.
So today, I am sharing one of my favorite breakfast meals that I swiped from one of my fellow challengers. A simple flavorful recipe and one that I actually look forward to when I make it. (I had it this morning :))
Scrambled Eggs with Sweet Potatoes
If you are only cooking for yourself,
2 Organic eggs (don't beat yourself up if you don't have organic and don't run out and buy them if you don't, use what you currently have)
1 small sweet potato diced into 1/2" by 1/2" chunks (Yay! my life saver)
A handful of spinach
1/2 diced onion
Dash of salt
Coconut Oil [you can use EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) as well]
1. In a saucepan, add enough coconut oil to coat the bottom of the pan. On Medium-High heat, place onions, spinach, and sweet potatoes in pan.
2. Cook and keep stirring so the sweet potatoes do not stick. If you need more coconut oil then add a bit more.
3. Cook until the sweet potatoes are somewhat soft or cooked to your liking and the onions have carmelized. I like them soft (but not too soft) so I cook them for about 10 minutes or so.
4. In another pan, scramble the eggs how you normally would (in coconut oil).
5. Add a side of half a grapefruit and green tea and you're good to go!
I hope you try it out and enjoy this one like I do!
Let me know if you do and how it turned out! Send pictures why don't you!
Helping you make the steps to a healthier you, Candilaria