Parent Post

Good Morning Beautiful Ladies, 

I wanted to write a parent post for this morning and couldn't think of anything new to write.  Last night I wrecked my brain thinking of what I could possibly say.  The truth of the matter is the majority of what we do as parents is doing the exact same thing over and over again.  

I woke up this morning before everyone else, showered and got dressed. Woke up the kids.  Made breakfast. Placed lunches in their lunch bags. Children got dressed.  Assisted with brushing of teeth. Turned off all the lights, TV, fans, and closed all the doors (yes, I have to close all the doors to the bedrooms and bathrooms before I leave the house because I'm a little OCD that way) and headed for the car.  Sat in a bit of traffic.  Dropped kids to school. And here I am at work.  Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

However, as I was walking into work I witnessed a couple having quite the difficult time with their toddler child.  I work inside a hotel and there is ALWAYS an audience.  It was pretty extreme.  The shrill of the child's scream was as if she was experiencing some sort of physical pain. Onlookers stopped in their tracks to view the situation that had so quickly transpired. From the outside it seemed as if she couldn't get the stuffed animal from the store she and her parents were just in.  Uh-oh and oh dear!  I didn't stick around long enough to see whether her parents were able to calm her down but it made me think about past tantrums with my children and what I would've done in that situation.

All of that led me to ask you to do this,


Complete this sentence... 


"The most embarrassing place my child has ever thrown a tantrum was..."

And what did you do to resolve it?



Signed, 
An exasperated Candilaria

No comments: