Late Night Chronicles

Picture it...

11:00 p.m. - The littlest child crying "Mummy! Mummy!" As I open one eye, I am hoping that he is only dreaming and I that I can snuggle under the covers and get back to my dream. Nope.  That would have been too easy.  Instead, my one eye is looking at my bright doe-eyed little boy staring back at me with the saddest little face known to man...and just then I suddenly catch a waft of ammonia in the air and quickly realize I am laying in a sea of tinkle. Ok. So he tinkled the bed, it happens every once in a while. We get up, clean up, and put him back in his bed (which is in our room by the way) because did I mention he tinkled in mommy and daddy's bed? 

11:30 p.m.- The doe-eyed boy falls back to sleep

11:35 p.m. - Daddy says bump this, I'm going in the living room.  Walks off stage right with this blankey in tow. 

1:30 a.m. - I finally fall back to sleep (after surfing the internet, a little candy crush I passed level 180! Yes! and some Facebook)

4:45 a.m. - The little one is now standing in the darkness, and I can hardly believe it.  I look at the clock then back at him.  I ask "What are you doing up, sweetie?" Silence. I asked the question again.  Silence.  I look closely and his pants and underpants are on the ground.  Seriously? Yes, the same scent I caught earlier, I caught once again. Is it time for me to cry yet?
**My son will surely be quite upset when he gets older for spilling his tinkle stories**

4:50 a.m. - Clean up # 2.  Mumbling under my breath, "What in the heck did Daddy give you to drink tonight?! 

4:55 a.m. - Speaking of Daddy, he is all cozily wrapped up in his blankey on the couch fast asleep.

5:00 a.m. - Oh my gracious the girl is up

5:01 a.m. - The realization that I won't be going back to sleep

6:00 a.m. - Daddy leaves for work and we know what that means...I'm stuck by myself.

7:00 a.m. - Breakfast and 1st cup of tea, they've requested tuna and grits (something that requires a little bit of work)

8:30 a.m. - Might as well begin the Christmas decorating!

A couple of cards done for the advent calendar!

The little one as the scissors, oh my!
The Teenager is up before noon and she's decorating!


10:00 a.m. - 2nd cup of tea (wish it were spiked)

Yummm...my comfort!



And so that's how my Saturday morning is going!


How are you doing on this beautiful Saturday?! 


Signed, 
A drowsy, decoratin' Candilaria



3 comments:

Raeh said...

Am I never gonna sleep again? This is hilarious and scary :/

Bianca said...

Awesome!!! Its Christmas and oh have I had those nights before. You know the saying "sleeping like a baby," what a joke! "sleeping like a husband" should be the real saying! :) Happy Saturday!

MWMs said...

Raeh, I haven't slept in 7 years! Welcome :) Muahahahah

@Bianca, yes, it should be called "sleeping like a husband" because now! Hummmph!

Candilaria