MARRIAGE: Let's Go To The Beach

Our new raft. Gotta ride next to hubby!

Last week Friday, Eric and I had our beach date. It was a beautiful day to go to the beach.


With swimsuits and our new River Run raft ready we excitedly drove to Saunders Beach.






Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it was freezing!

What did we do instead?

Eric put the raft on the sand. He got the blankets and we wrapped up.

Oh my goodness, I was so cold!


I know I don't look cold but trust and believe...I am cold!
 
There was no way I was getting in that water. No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Eric's Beach View
Amazingly, we managed to sit and watch the sunset. We ate. We drank. We talked, we laughed...I lie...Eric talked. I, Tiffany Hall was under the blanket. I only poked my head out to take a picture for this post.
Would I recommend this as a date?
Absolutely!
 
What are the do's and don'ts for a Friday early evening beach date?
 
1. Do: Dress appropriately.
      I should have worn a sweatsuit, a pair of socks, a scarf and mittens.
 
2. Do: Get to the beach as early as you can after work.
    The earlier you can arrive the more time you have under the sun.
 
3. Do: Plan well.
    Pack bathing suits, towels and blankets the night before. We had to go home,
    change, then head to the beach. We lost a lot of time.
 
This is the only don't and the most important recommendation.
 
DON'T: DON'T GO TO THE BEACH IN THE EVENING IN APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What were we thinking?
 
Until I beach again,
Tiffany

No comments: