The Importance of Finding Your Passion


What is your motivation in life?  Or maybe I should ask the question, what is your passion?  I believe motivation and passion go hand in hand, it is passion that motivates you right?

Have you found your passion or are you still searching?  How do you know if you've found it?  Is it a feeling you get?  Is there a certain way of searching for your passion or is it something that should hit you? 

I woke up this morning feeling the same way I felt coming down to the end of 2011 once again...

All of those questions I asked myself leading up to my 30th Birthday last year.  I was having a difficult time realizing that I was turning such a monumental age (at least in my eyes) and I was unmotivated, melancholy, and confused as to what I wanted to do with my life in terms of my career.  A large precentage of my peers from high school had become doctors, lawyers, teachers, etc. but professionals.  I was feeling grossly inadequate and insecure about where I was in my life.  Please do not confuse the fact that I love my life, my husband and kids, this has nothing to do with my family life.  However, I was/am seeking more gratification in my personal development and career.  Has there ever been a point in your life that you felt that way?  Or are you going through it now?

I enjoy many things and am good at alot of things.  Is there a particular skill I awesome at, no.  Maybe if I focused and gave my all to one particular thing, yes I think I would be great.  Do I want to do that?  I don't know.  I like being well rounded and knowing how to do alot of things rather than just one.  Don't get me wrong, I admire people that have that ONE thing they dedicate their entire life too and are the best at it.  To me that's true passion and discipline.  Is it possible to have that kind of passion for many things?

I thought I could be a Doctor and even a Lawyer, but my heart was not there and I did not feel I fit those molds.  I am more of the creative, animated, spirited type (not saying that Doctors and Lawyers aren't!!!! LOL!) and I love that about myself.  I love painting, designing, and every thing crafty.  I love searching for new projects to do.  But face it with 3 children (but primarly the younger 2) at home I find it very difficult to start and even worse complete a project.  So, sometimes I feel is this really my passion if I can never get anything done?  Shouldn't my passion motivate me so much that I get it done by any means necessary? And how can I turn that passion into something to make money from?!

2012 is dedicated to finding that passion, or uncovering that passion that is there but needs a little nudge to present itself. No excuses.  So this is my journey...


Signed,
Candi

No comments: